Thursday, 10 March 2011

Watch ME: Culture Bollocks

Culture Bollocks
 

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-art-show/4od#2931383

Of everything I’ve thought about recently to do with art, fashion, the world we live in and of the few things I’ve mentioned so far on my blog; this programme basically covers it all! Editor of Dazed and Confused magazine ‘presents’ The A-Z of Now “a journey through the land of contemporary culture.” The programme if filmed and directed in a highly stylish way emphasising further the merge between art and, well…nearly everything. (Artists designing bus stops- cool.)

Count your ‘cool’ points; the mark scheme will have changed by tomorrow.

Note the ‘isms’ and latch onto the most popular one. Or the least popular one?

I can’t work out if this is a negative view on modern society/culture, however I definitely cannot comprehend why Madonna presented the Turner Prize…?!

“Instead of movements we’ve got markets. That means we’ve got nothing left to stand for. And if you stand for nothing, that means you’ll fall for anything.

Do we fall for anything? If so when? In the search for what’s popular…is this what constitutes as pretentiousness or oblivious…ness?

And why this constant nostalgia for the past? I know I feel it. Longing to have lived when my father was younger as he saw the world change. But did he see it change while it did or only in retrospect? Am I too busy looking back that I’m blind to what’s in front?

Lols at the Bingo and Knitting comment- two current crazes in my group of friends. So with the times.

I hope we move back. Even if that means we’re standing still.

Perhaps everything is not to be agreed with but it’s definitely worth a watch, thanks to Lucy for suggesting it to me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment